THE EAGLE RIVER “FREE FOR THE WEEKEND” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE EAGLE RIVER “FREE FOR THE WEEKEND SWEEPSTAKES” (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”) AND ANY ADVERTISEMENT RELATING THERETO IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION ONLY WITHIN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (THE “TERRITORY”) AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO, AND GOVERNED EXCLUSIVELY BY CALIFORNIA STATE LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT WITHIN THE TERRITORY, PHYSICALLY LOCATED WITHIN THE TERRITORY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, OR DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The Eagle River “FREE FOR THE WEEKEND” Sweepstakes is sponsored by Eagle River Chamber of Commerce, (“Sponsor”), located at 201 N. Railroad St., Eagle River, WI 54521. The Sweepstakes, which website is located at www.eagleriver.org (the “Website”) shall begin on May 22, 2017, and shall end on July 2, 2017 (such entire period of time referred to hereinafter as the “Sweepstakes Period”). Six (6) potential prizewinners for the Sweepstakes will be randomly selected to receive a prize as more specifically described below. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
- WHO MAY ENTER: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District Of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Directors, officers, and employees of Sponsor, Eagle River Chamber Of Commerce, Boelter + Lincoln, and each of their respective parents, affiliated, or subsidiary companies, advertising, promotion, production services, fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, web masters and web suppliers (each a “Promotion Entity” collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members (children, spouse, parents, siblings) and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related are not eligible to enter or win. The potential prizewinners of the Sweepstakes may be required to show proof of residency.
- WHEN TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on May 22, 2017, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on July 2, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To be eligible for this Sweepstakes, all entries must be received by Sponsor by the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s database clock shall be the official time keeping device for all entries received in connection with this Sweepstakes.
- DRAWINGS AND PRIZEWINNER NOTIFICATION: Six (6) prizewinners will be selected from all eligible entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period (as defined below). The prizewinner will be selected in a random prize drawing on July 7, 2017. Determination of the prizewinners shall be made by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent in its sole and absolute discretion and such determination shall be final and binding. The potential prizewinners will be notified by telephone, e-mail and/or U.S. mail on or about July 7, 2017, using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any prizewinner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential prizewinner for any reason. If a Sweepstakes’ selected prizewinner cannot be reached by e-mail or U.S; mail, or does not respond within two (2) days of the initial attempt to notify a Sweepstakes’ potential prizewinner, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate prizewinner for the prize may be selected in a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will attempt to contact up to two (2) potential prizewinners in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize may go unawarded if the prize remains unclaimed. If any potential prizewinner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prizewinners will be disqualified and an alternate prizewinner may be selected in a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries received during Sweepstakes Period. Determination of each prizewinner and the prize package received shall be made by Sponsor or its agents in its sole and absolute discretion, and such determination shall be final and binding.
- PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV)/ODDS: (6) prize packages will be awarded. Romantic Prize Package: This prize package consists of (i) one (1) 1 bedroom unit for two (2) for two (2) nights stay at the Eagle Waters Resort and (ii) a massage and pedicure for two (2) at Salon and Spa on Railroad St. and (iii) a $75 dinner at Riverstone Restaurant and Tavern. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the Romantic Prize Package is Seven Hundred Forty Five Dollars ($745). Family Prize Package: This prize package consists of (i) one (1) 1 bedroom unit for four (4) for two (2) nights stay at the Best Western Derby Inn and (ii) Horseback riding and go-karts for four (4) at Elmer’s Fun Park and (iii) entrance for four at the Northwoods Children’s Museum and (iv) four (4) certificates to Eagle Falls Adventure Golf & Laser Tag. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the Family Prize Package is Four Hundred Seventy Seven Dollars ($477). Fishing Prize Package: This prize package consists of (i) one (1) 1 bedroom unit for two (2) for two (2) nights stay at the Pitlik’s Sand Beach Resort and (ii) a three (3) hour guided fishing trip for two (2) at Pertile’s Up North Guide Service. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the Family Prize Package is Six Hundred Eighty Dollars ($680). Scenic Prize Package: This prize package consists of (i) one (1) 1 bedroom unit for two (2) for two (2) nights stay at the Chanticleer Inn and (ii) a ride for two (2) at Pirates Hideaway. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the Scenic Prize Package is Three Hundred Thirty Dollars ($330). Dining Prize Package: This prize package consists of (i) one (1) 1 bedroom unit for two (2) for two (2) nights stay at the Super 8 and (ii) a $30 breakfast at Blend Coffee Eagle River and (iii) a $30 breakfast at Lucy’s Lunchbox and (iv) a $30 lunch at Buckshots Saloon & Eatery and (v) a $30 lunch at Leif’s Café and (vi) a $50 dinner at Catch 22 Char House and (vii) a $75 dinner at Blue Heron Restaurant. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the Dining Prize Package is Four Hundred Ninety Five Dollars ($495). Outdoor Prize Package: This prize package consists of (i) one (1) 1 bedroom unit for two (2) for two (2) nights stay at the Cedaroma Lodge and (ii) stand up baddle boarding for two (2) at Cedaroma Lodge and (iii) bike rentals for two at the Rental Shack and (iv) an 18 hole round of golf for two (2) with cart at Eagle River Golf Course. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the Outdoor Prize Package is Seven Hundred Twenty One Dollars ($721). The prizewinners shall be solely responsible for all other expenses not specified herein as being awarded including, without limitation, delivery, processing and handling fees, food and beverages, gratuities, transportation, and/or personal purchases. All hotel accommodations will be made by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The Prize Packages are only valid through September 1, 2018. If any prizewinner is unable to redeem their prize package prior to September 1, 2018, then such prizewinner will forfeit the applicable prize package in its entirety and an alternate prizewinner may be selected in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor is not responsible for any delays, changes, or cancellations. Transportation is not included as part of the overall prize package. Odds of winning depend on the actual number of eligible entries received prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Each prizewinner’s companions must be eighteen (18) years of age or older or if any such companion is under the age of eighteen (18), the prizewinners must be such companion’s parent or legal guardian in order to participate in the prize activities. The prizewinners must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including but not limited to the presentation of a major credit card. The prizewinner’s companions must sign and return a Liability Release and (where legal) a Publicity Release prior to ticketing of the Prizes.
- GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All Minors (as defined below) must be accompanied, at all times, by an adult. Any potential prizewinner is subject to verification. The Prize Packages are not redeemable for cash. No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value if a prize listed is unavailable for any reason. The Prize Packages are non-assignable and nontransferable. If lost, the Prize Packages awarded herein will not be replaced. The Prize Packages will not be substituted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability and then only for a prize of equal or greater value except where prohibited by law. Each prizewinner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any federal, state and/or local taxes on the Prize Package received. If any potential prizewinner declines a Prize Package, is found to be ineligible, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, such potential prizewinner may be disqualified and will forfeit the Prize Package he or she otherwise might have received. If applicable to the Prize Package awarded herein, in the event the prizewinner or his or her guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the applicable event in whole or in part, and send the prizewinner and/or his or her guests home with no further compensation. Upon verification of entrant’s win and compliance with these Official Rules, delivery of the prizes will be coordinated by a representative of Sponsor and the prizewinners will receive further notification with details on how to claim the prize. All details and other restrictions of the prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
- GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Eligibility, age and all claims made by each prizewinner is subject to verification. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for fraudulent communications including without limitation phone calls, mail, and e-mails made by or sent to entrants. Each prizewinner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where imposing such condition is legal, a Publicity Release (“Prize Claim Documents”). If a prizewinner is not of legal age of majority in his or her state of residence (“Minor”) at Sponsor’s option, the prize either will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of such prizewinner, or the parent or legal guardian of such prizewinner will be required to ratify and sign Prize Claim Documents. The Prize Claim Documents must be returned within the time frame indicated on the documents. If any potential prizewinner (or, in the case of a Minor, such Minor prizewinner’s parent or legal guardian) fails to return such documents within the prescribed time, or if a potential prizewinner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules, then the potential prizewinner may be disqualified and an alternate prizewinner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries during the Sweepstakes Period. All applicable U.S., federal, state, and local taxes, duties, or other taxes or fees are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner, who may be issued a 1099 IRS tax form for the ARV of any awarded prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor’s and its agents to use said prizewinner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state for all purposes and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation. Depiction of any prize in any advertising, promotional materials, or on the Sweepstakes Website (if any) may not reflect the actual prize delivered to the prizewinner. Sponsor or its agents shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of any prize once it has been shipped by Sponsor or its agents. Each Prizewinner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the prize after it has been delivered to the prizewinner.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby: (a) agrees that the Promotion Entities will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; (b) releases the Promotion Entities from all liability, claims, action, or proceedings relating to this Sweepstakes and from injuries or damages arising in connection with or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes, or use or misuse of the prize; and (c) waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes, to void suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate or suspend any portion of this Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in any such event, at its discretion, select prizewinner(s) from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, cancellation or suspension. This Sweepstakes may not be used for any form of gambling.
- IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ – GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promotion Entities are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, with Sponsor, or otherwise, that may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by internet users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in connection with this Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, malfunction, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, tampering, or hacking; (iii) any injury or damage resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the use and/or misuse of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the entrant’s rights of publicity or privacy); or (iv) the entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any errors or failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the Sweepstakes entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in an unsportslike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select prizewinner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT WILL PROMOTION ENTITIES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE PROMOTION ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: Visit www.eagleriver.org to view or obtain a copy of these Official Rules or any legally required winner’s list. Any legally required winner’s list may be available for a period of thirty (30) days following the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The Official Rules may not be available following the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Eagle River Chamber of Commerce
201 N. Railroad St.
Eagle River, WI 54521