Become a Member TODAY!
How to Join the Chamber
Founded in 1948 the Eagle River Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center is the oldest Chamber in Vilas County. Membership includes the right to vote, advertise in Chamber publications, place literature in the Chamber Office & Visitors Center, receive weekly referral lists of inquiries upon request, receive the monthly newsletter, receive a listing on the Chamber’s website, and fully participate in all activities of the Chamber. Annual Membership dues are set by Chamber Members.
For specific Membership information please contact:
Eagle River Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center
P.O. Box 1917
Eagle River, WI 54521
Phone 715-479-6400 or 800-359-6315
Reasons to be an active member
- Have a voice for your business in attracting tourists to our beautiful Northwoods area including representation on county and state issues through the Vilas County Chamber and the Wisconsin Department of Tourism.
- With the rapid growth of computer/internet usage in homes and businesses and on personal devices such as phones, the Chamber has been a leader in electronically promoting our area to thousands of potential visitors on our website and through our Social Media channels. As a Chamber Member you can receive a business listing including business name, address and telephone number, your website link and pictures of your business on the Chamber’s popular website www.eagleriver.org
- ONLY Chamber Members in good standing can advertise their business in our popular full color Vacation Guide. All Chamber Members will automatically get a free listing in the Visitors Guide directory. We distribute over 90,000 copies yearly.
- The Eagle River Area Chamber of Commerce is producing and distributing several visitor handout booklets featuring Chamber Member Businesses ONLY. They include a “Restaurant Guide”, a “Shopping & Attractions Guide”, a “Building & Home Improvement Guide” and a “Wedding Guide”.
- Chamber Members can insert FREE up to two advertising flyers a year in our monthly newsletter – The Eagles Eye. Subsequent insertions will be $25.00 each time. Please provide 425 copies on 8 ½ x 11 sheets.
- Display your business brochures in the information racks within the Chamber & Visitors Center.
- Referral of your business first to information requests from walk-in, telephone and internet inquiries.
- The Chamber prints and distributes a weekly visitor inquiry list for those members that request it – a very popular item with accommodation members.
- Send out e-mail blasts to all Chamber Members to inform them about upcoming events, programs, special happenings and more.
- Have us share your posts on social media channels.
- Sponsor a “Fun After Five” event – get to know other Chamber business owners and share ideas. This social gathering is held on the last Tuesday of September, October, November, January and March.
- Participate in the Annual Banquet where you can hear an overview of how the year went and nominate the Man, Woman and Business of the Year. Annual Dinner takes place in early December each year.
- Know your Chamber staff is here for you to assist you in any way possible.