Up North Beerfest - June 11–12 2021
Up North Beerfest 2021: A 2020 Re-Brew
It’s almost time to see what’s brewing in Eagle River this summer! Up North Beerfest is back for 2021, with several precautions in place. The two-day event features Premier Beer Night on Friday, June 11 and the main event on Saturday, June 12. Both held at Hi-Pines Campground.
Walk the red carpet – literally – for Premier Beer Night from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday night. This insider event allows participants to sample beers from a dozen breweries that will not be available during the big Saturday event. While sipping suds, listen to a talented trio of musicians known as Hijinx cascade familiar tunes across the venue. Tasty hors d’oeuvres are included with the price of admission for the evening affair.
Admission to the Saturday event from 2 to 6 p.m. includes a sampling glass to taste nearly 100 different beers. A complementary beer guide can direct people to their favorite types of barley pops. The People’s Choice, a 9-piece band specializing in classic rock will provide live entertainment during the event. Food is available for purchase from the Rotary Club of Eagle River.
Parking is available on the grounds for both events, however, many of our overnight lodging partners are providing free shuttle transportation to and from Hi-Pines Campground before, during, and after the main event on Saturday. No children, pets, or carry-ins are allowed to the event. Smoking is not allowed under the tented sampling areas.
People attending the beer festivals are encouraged to practice social distancing.
There are three ways to purchase tickets beginning – April 1. Tickets to both events can be bought on online. Tickets to the Saturday event can be purchased via mail or at the following Eagle River locations – Trig’s Cellar 70 (Liquor Department), the Eagle River Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center, and Tribute Brewing Company.
You’ve been hibernating long enough. It’s time to enjoy the fresh air up here and taste some delicious beers!
Tickets will be available for 2021 starting April 1, 2021.
- Premier Beer Night – Advance Tickets: $60 each (limited number available) –> SOLD OUT
- Up North Beerfest – Advance Tickets: $45 each, $50 at the door (if available)
Designated driver admitted free to Up North Beerfest when accompanying a paid admission. Offer is not valid for Premier Beer Night.
Must be 21 or older and sorry, no children or pets allowed
You can purchase tickets 3 different ways:
2. Via Postal Mail – Saturday tickets only available
Mail a self-addressed stamped envelope along with payment to:
Eagle River Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 1917-BF
Eagle River, WI 54521
3. Available at the Following Locations – Saturday tickets only available
Trig’s Cellar 70 Liquor Department – Eagle River only
The Eagle River Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center
Tribute Brewing Company – Eagle River
ADVENTURE CLUB BREWING
BADGER STATE BREWING CO
Green Bay, WI
BARE BONES BREWERY
BARREL 41 BREWING CO
CAPITAL BREWING CO.
CRYSTAL LAKE BREWING
Crystal Lake, IL
FOX RIVER BREWING CO.
LAKEFRONT BREWERY INC.
Chippewa Falls, WI
Breweries Attending Up North Beerfest
Breweries listed in blue are participating in Friday’s Premier Beer Night and Saturday’s Up North Beerfest
Friday – Hijinx
Smaller, dressed down version of your typical classic rock band in not-so-typical style. A trio of musicians and singers who love playing popular songs that everyone knows and loves. https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Musician-Band/Hijinx-786161671438248
Saturday – The People’s Choice
A 9 piece band featuring a 4-member horn section and a professional soundman. The Peoples Choice plays all types of music with its specialty being Classic Rock. People’s Choice Facebook Page
What is a beer festival?
Beer festivals are an appreciation of beer. The Up North Beerfest is a great opportunity to try many different styles of beers from many different breweries. Feel free to ask questions and make plans to visit some of the many quality breweries. Many of them offer tours.
- No carry-ins will be allowed. This includes backpacks and coolers.
- Children and pets are not allowed in the festival area. You must be 21 to enter the festival area, no exceptions.
- Parking is available at the festival. Please take your time parking properly to allow others to enter and exit the grounds safely.
- Smoking is discouraged and is not allowed inside the tents. Smokers, please DO NOT throw your butts on the ground!
- When you arrive at the ticket area, present your ticket along with your ID to receive your wristband, commemorative tasting glass, and event program.
- Once you have your wristband on you may proceed into the staging area. After 2pm you will be allowed to enter the festival grounds.
- Breweries will pour 2oz. – 3oz. samples of their beers for you. Please do not ask them for a full pour, they want everyone to be able to sample their beers. Be sure to thank them for coming! Without them we wouldn’t have an event!
- Please DO NOT camp out in front of a brewery or the home brewers table. Other people would like to try some too!
- Make sure you have a safe way to get home. A designated driver will get in free at Saturday’s event with your paid admission. We also provide a free bus shuttle if you are staying at participating area hotels/motels. Thank them for sponsoring such a valuable service. You can reserve a campsite adjacent to the festival grounds. If you choose to camp, please be aware of the campground rules and be sure to thank the camp hosts.
- Your tasting glass is exactly that, a tasting glass. You will want to sample many different beers, but take it easy. The future of our beer festival depends on everyone acting in a responsible manner and not overindulging. This is important for everyone’s safety too. If you break a glass, you must bring all the pieces to an Up North Beerfest volunteer immediately. They will provide you with another glass (if available).
- Eat something! Whether you eat at the festival or before you arrive it’s important not to drink on an empty stomach. Eating slows down the absorption of alcohol in your system. The Eagle River Rotary Club sell food and snacks at the festival.
- Picnic tables will be scattered throughout the grounds but feel free to bring a lawn chair.
- Be prepared. June weather in Wisconsin is unpredictable. Wear comfortable clothing, a hat to protect you from the sun, and footwear. Please DO NOT go barefoot. The festival will be held rain or shine.
- Bring a camera and some cash….photos make good souvenirs or you can purchase souvenir items on the festival grounds.
- Stick around! Eagle River has many restaurants, shops, resorts and motels, so plan to stay after the fest to relax and enjoy the weekend.
Stay at any of the participating area motels and receive your free Event Lodging Shuttle Pass when you check in. The shuttle will pick up at the motels listed below and take you to the festival grounds; the shuttle will make return trips toward the end of the festival.
Swag will be available for purchase at both the Friday Night Premier Beer Night and Saturday’s Up North Beerfest.