Up North Beerfest - JUNE 12 - 13, 2020
Up North Beerfest
On Saturday afternoon, June 13th from 2pm to 6pm is the renowned Up North Beerfest where more than 30 breweries showcase just under 150 different beers for all to sample and enjoy. Sampling glasses, a beer guide booklet and live entertainment will be available for all who attend. Food will be available for purchase from the Rotary Club of Eagle River.
Premier Beer Night
We will kick off Up North Beerfest with an event called Premier Beer Night – a more eloquent tasting of hand crafted beers on Friday evening, June 12th from 6pm to 8pm. This is a special tasting of specialty beers presented by 15 of the more than 30 Up North Beerfest Breweries. (They will showcase beers that will not be served at the event on Saturday.) We will literally be rolling out the red carpet for this evening – there will be live entertainment, tasty hors d’oeuvres and special sampling glasses for the showcased samplings for all to enjoy.
Tickets will be available for purchase starting April 15th, 2020
- Premier Beer Night – Advance Tickets: $60 each (limited number available) AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY
- Up North Beerfest – Advance Tickets: $45 each, $50 at the door (if available)
Designated driver admitted free to Up North Beerfest when accompanying a paid admission. Offer is not valid for Premier Beer Night.
Must be 21 or older and sorry, no children or pets allowed
You can purchase tickets 3 different ways:
1. Purchase Your Tickets Online : Starting April 15, 2020
2. Via Postal Mail – Saturday tickets only available
Mail a self-addressed stamped envelope along with payment to:
Eagle River Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 1917-BF
Eagle River, WI 54521
3. Available at the Following Locations – Saturday tickets only available
Trig’s Cellar 70 liquor department in Eagle River only
The Eagle River Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center
Tribute Brewing Company, Eagle River
ADVENTURE CLUB BREWING
BADGER STATE BREWING CO
Green Bay, WI
BARE BONES BREWERY
BARREL 41 BREWING CO
BENT PADDLE BREWING CO
BULL FALLS BREWERY
CAPITAL BREWING CO.
CRYSTAL LAKE BREWING
Crystal Lake, IL
FOX RIVER BREWING CO.
LAKEFRONT BREWERY INC.
Chippewa Falls, WI
MINOCQUA BREWING CO.
NEW GLARUS BREWING CO.
New Glarus, WI
O’SO BREWING CO.
PECATONICA BEER CO.
PIGEON RIVER BREWING CO.
RED EYE BREWING CO
RHINELANDER BREWING CO.
ROCKY REEF BREWING CO.
SAWMILL BREWING CO.
SOME NERVE BREWING CO.
Manitowish Waters, WI
SOUTH SHORE BREWERY
STILLMANK BREWING CO.
Green Bay, WI
STONE ARCH BREWING CO.
TRIBUTE BREWING CO.
Eagle River, WI
TUMBLED ROCK BEWERY
TYRANENA BREWING CO.
Lake Mills, WI
WISCONSIN BREWING CO.
Breweries Attending Up North Beerfest
Breweries listed in blue are participating in Friday’s Premier Beer Night and Saturday’s Up North Beerfest
Friday – Hijinx
Smaller, dressed down version of your typical classic rock band in not-so-typical style. A trio of musicians and singers who love playing popular songs that everyone knows and loves. https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Musician-Band/Hijinx-786161671438248
Saturday – The People’s Choice
A 9 piece band featuring a 4-member horn section and a professional soundman. The Peoples Choice plays all types of music with its specialty being Classic Rock.
What is a beer festival?
Beer festivals are an appreciation of beer. The Up North Beerfest is a great opportunity to try many different styles of beers from many different breweries. Feel free to ask questions and make plans to visit some of the many quality breweries. Many of them offer tours.
- No carry-ins will be allowed. This includes backpacks and coolers.
- Children and pets are not allowed in the festival area. You must be 21 to enter the festival area, no exceptions.
- Parking is available at the festival. Please take your time parking properly to allow others to enter and exit the grounds safely.
- Smoking is discouraged and is not allowed inside the tents. Smokers, please DO NOT throw your butts on the ground!
- When you arrive at the ticket area, present your ticket along with your ID to receive your wristband, commemorative tasting glass, and event program.
- Once you have your wristband on you may proceed into the staging area. After 2pm you will be allowed to enter the festival grounds.
- Breweries will pour 2oz. – 3oz. samples of their beers for you. Please do not ask them for a full pour, they want everyone to be able to sample their beers. Be sure to thank them for coming! Without them we wouldn’t have an event!
- Please DO NOT camp out in front of a brewery or the home brewers table. Other people would like to try some too!
- Make sure you have a safe way to get home. A designated driver will get in free at Saturday’s event with your paid admission. We also provide a free bus shuttle if you are staying at participating area hotels/motels. Thank them for sponsoring such a valuable service. You can reserve a campsite adjacent to the festival grounds. If you choose to camp, please be aware of the campground rules and be sure to thank the camp hosts.
- Your tasting glass is exactly that, a tasting glass. You will want to sample many different beers, but take it easy. The future of our beer festival depends on everyone acting in a responsible manner and not overindulging. This is important for everyone’s safety too. If you break a glass, you must bring all the pieces to an Up North Beerfest volunteer immediately. They will provide you with another glass (if available).
- Eat something! Whether you eat at the festival or before you arrive it’s important not to drink on an empty stomach. Eating slows down the absorption of alcohol in your system. The Eagle River Rotary Club sell food and snacks at the festival.
- Picnic tables will be scattered throughout the grounds but feel free to bring a lawn chair.
- Be prepared. June weather in Wisconsin is unpredictable. Wear comfortable clothing, a hat to protect you from the sun, and footwear. Please DO NOT go barefoot. The festival will be held rain or shine.
- Bring a camera and some cash….photos make good souvenirs or you can purchase souvenir items on the festival grounds.
- Stick around! Eagle River has many restaurants, shops, resorts and motels, so plan to stay after the fest to relax and enjoy the weekend.
Stay at any of the participating area motels and receive your free Event Lodging Shuttle Pass when you check in. The shuttle will pick up at the motels listed below and take you to the festival grounds; the shuttle will make return trips toward the end of the festival.
Swag will be available for purchase at both the Friday Night Premier Beer Night and Saturday’s Up North Beerfest.