At Northern Lights Chimney, our technicians are Chimney Safety Institute of America CERTIFIED, EXPERIENCED, PROFESSIONALS with integrity and decades of combined industry experience. Our goal is to provide residents and business owners of the Northwoods and Western U.P. something you have deserved for a long time: Chimney EXPERTS. No longer do you have to settle for the local “handyman” that happens to sweep chimneys. Anyone can sweep a chimney. The important part is the inspection. You need someone who knows what they are looking at and what potential hazards they are looking for.
The Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) is the industry standard for chimney professionals. Being CSIA Certified indicates your technician is committed to constant continuing education and staying up-to-date on changes in the chimney and hearth industries as well as changes to the building codes in the states they service. Most states, including Wisconsin and Michigan have absolutely no regulation on chimney and fireplace companies. For this reason, it is imperative that you research who you allow to maintain your chimney and fireplaces/wood stoves.
Our mission is to leave every home safer than we find it and every homeowner educated and confident in safely using their heating appliances! Providing great customer service begins with great people and industry experience, which is why our staff is made up of the best and most qualified in the business.
You may be asking yourself, “When do I need a chimney professional?”
- ANNUALLY. According to our building code, “chimneys, fireplaces, and vents (meaning even exhaust vents for your clothes dryer, furnace, and water heater) shall be inspected at least once a year”. Insurance companies can and do deny claims if you aren’t doing annual maintenance!
- REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS. Technically, a full inspection has to be completed by a certified professional every time real estate changes hands. Fireplaces and chimneys are expensive “question marks”. Don’t get stuck with a mess. Never waive a regular home inspection, and always demand a chimney inspection!
- AFTER A “SUDDEN OCCURANCE EVENT” (CHIMNEY FIRE, STORM DAMAGE, ETC)
- Annual inspections of wood and gas appliances and their chimneys or vents (NFPA Level 1)
- Gas fireplace/stove cleanings
- Gas log set cleanings
- Troubleshooting/diagnostic services of wood and gas appliances
- Gas fireplace repairs
- Wood-burning fireplace repairs
- Pellet Stove/Insert cleanings
- Dryer Vent Cleaning & Inspections
- Chimney Sweeping
- Masonry Chimney repairs
- Chimney Waterproofing
- Chimney fire investigation/cause determination (NFPA Level 3)
- Carbon monoxide alarm response
- Chimney/appliance inspections during real estate transactions (NFPA Level 2)
- Galvanized/Stainless Steel/Copper Chimney Caps
- Custom Outside Mount Chimney Caps
- Chase Covers
- Custom Roof Flashing
- Metal Shoulder Guards
- Fireplace Log Grates
- Gas Log Kits
- Fireplace Doors
GAS LOG BRANDS:
- Eiklor Flames
FIREPLACE DOOR BRANDS:
- Design Specialties
- Hearth Craft
- CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps #11018 & #11615
- Can be verified here: https://search.csia.org/company_profile/northern-lights-chimney
- National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) # 7984
- The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Wisconsin Guild of Chimney Service Specialists
- North Ventral Hearth Patio Barbecue Association (NCHPBA)
Northern Lights Chimney is a division of Rock River Chimney & Fireplace LLC which has corporate offices located in Watertown, Wisconsin.