Become a Member TODAY!
How to Join the Chamber
Founded in 1948 the Eagle River Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center is the oldest Chamber in Vilas County. Membership includes the right to vote, advertise in Chamber publications, place literature in the Chamber Office & Visitors Center, receive weekly referral lists of inquiries upon request, receive the monthly newsletter, receive a listing on the Chamber’s website, entered on the Vilas County 24 hour Innline System and fully participate in all activities of the Chamber. Annual Membership dues are set by Chamber Members. Current dues structure was established in July 2000.
For specific Membership information please contact:
Eagle River Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center
P.O. Box 1917
Eagle River, WI 54521
Phone 715-479-6400 or 800-359-6315
Reasons to be an active member
- A voice for your business in attracting tourists to our beautiful Northwood’s area including representation on county and state issues through the Vilas County Chamber and the Wisconsin Department of Tourism.
- With the rapid growth of computer/Internet usage in homes and business, the Chamber has been a leader in electronically promoting our area to thousands of potential visitors on our Website. As a Chamber Member you can receive a free business listing including business name, address, telephone number, email address, on the Chamber’s popular Website www.eagleriver.org . And if you already have your own Website for your business it can be linked to our popular Chamber Website, at no additional cost to Members.
- ONLY Chamber Members in good standing can advertise their business in our popular full color Vacation Guide. All Chamber Members will automatically get a free listing in the Directory of the Visitors Guide. We distribute over 110,000 copies of the Official Visitors Guide each year.
- The Eagle River Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center is producing and distributing several new visitor handout booklets featuring Chamber Member Businesses ONLY. They include a “Restaurant Guide”, a “Shoppers & Attractions Guide” and a “Building & Home Improvement Guide”.
- List your business on the InnLine 24 Hour Info Center, FREE for Chamber Members. Additionally, you will also get a FREE listing on the Internet at www.Innline.com , due to a State of Wisconsin Grant (**NOTE** this grant will end sometime during 2004). Members that join after Grant expiration will be charged.
- Chamber Members can insert FREE up to two advertising flyers a year in our monthly newsletter, The Eagles Eye. Subsequent insertions will be $25.00 each time. 475 copies of 8 1/2 x 11 sheets need to be provided.
- Display your business brochures in the information racks within the Chamber Visitors Center. With our new office and greatly increased visibility, our walk-in traffic is more than doubled.
- Referral of Chamber Members first to information requests via, walk-in, telephone and Internet inquiries.
- The Chamber prints and distributes a weekly visitor inquiry list for those Members that request it. A very popular item with accommodation Members.
- Business After Five–get to know other area business owners and share ideas. Social/Business gathering held on the last Tuesday of each month.