Ice Castle Update – 1/23/17
- The Ice Castle has been taken down as it was declared unsafe due to the recent warm weather and rain. Look forward to the possibility of a new Ice Castle in 2018.
- “Thank You” again to the Eagle River Area Volunteer Fire Department and the many volunteers from our community for all your time and hard work in building the ice castle. It sure was great to see this very special Eagle River icon back up after being missed over the last two years.
- A special thank you as well to all the area businesses that provided food and drink for all the creators of the ice castle. I know they greatly appreciated your generosity.
- Our Ice Castle is truly a community project that we hope you enjoyed this year.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ICE CASTLE
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you like the place. We’ve done our best here to get you acquainted with the little slice of heaven we call Eagle River. Normally this is the spot on a webpage set aside for a bunch of bragging, but that’s not really our style. We’d much rather let the place speak for itself.
We can tell you that other people have said some really nice things about the hiking, biking, fishing and boating here in the Northwoods; and some folks have even made a pretty big fuss over our World’s Largest Chain of 28 Connected Lakes. That’s all well and good, but when it comes right down to it, what Eagle River is really about is letting you do your own thing. This is your vacation, you use it however you please. So go ahead, take a look around and see what’cha like.
Oh, and somebody else said we should mention all the skiing, ice fishing, snowshoeing, and the fact that we’re the Snowmobile Capital of the World® too. So there you go. Hey, we’re not the kind of people to ignore somebody when they offer a good suggestion.